LeJog. From Lands End to Jon O’Groats - a 26 day bike ride the length of the UK in September 2019 from Lands End to Jon O’Groats, by club member Mike Wespel-Rose.
set date for longest duration notice
!! Notices Place your notice here Keep this line
New Zealand is now at Alert Level 4.
The club urges you to stay in touch and care for each other.
Please contact a General Committee member if you feel the club can help out in any way.
You should be aware of the official advice, and we ask you to heed this advice from government:
Stay at home
The following people should stay at home:
- anyone who is unwell
- anyone who arrived in New Zealand who has returned from any country except those listed in Category 2 in the last 14 days
- anyone who has been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- at high-risk
- over 70
- have a compromised immune system or have underlying health conditions.
How to minimise the risk of getting sick
The most important thing to do is practice good hygiene. This means:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- trying to keep 2 metres away from people who are unwell
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above).
The measures above are especially important for people who have existing health conditions, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, chronic lung disease or compromised immune systems.
The General Committee will continue to monitor government and health directions, and respond to information from members. Please use the club’s website to keep up to date on club activities. Please keep safe, stay at home, and please do not attend club activities if there is any possibility you may be off-colour or ill.
- DoC's response to COVID-19
- Can you go walking, tramping, trail running or hunting during COVID-19 Alert Level 4? (NZ MSC)
Michael Taylor bequest
Please read about the Michael Taylor bequest. Applications are open now.