TTC Club night programme
- on Tuesday
- Supper, socialising from 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm
- General business 7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
- Speaker 7:35 pm - 8:30 pm
- Trip organisation 8:30 pm.
Tuesday is our regular club night.
Club night meetings are held an our centrally located clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off Elizabeth Street, off Kent Terrace.
We welcome new faces at our meetings, and there are always club members available to provide newcomers with information and answer any questions.
For the duration of the coronavirus alert level 2, the Tararua Tramping Club is arranging online meetings for its members and friends, using Google Meet web-conferencing. They are being held on the club’s regular club night, Tuesday night, beginning at 7.30 p.m. Please see our conline meeting guidance below for information on how to attend and for an invitation.
To add and update clubnights go to https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FixtureCard/20??ClubNights
Alan Benge gives us an illustrated talk on his life as a cartoonist – from his early beginnings on the Evening Post Kids’ Page to the present day.
Bill Gebbie went on an FMC trip to Slovenia and Croatia, then did some more excursions in the Balkans from his base in Dubrovnik.
Many of New Zealand’s 104 species of native skinks and geckos are under threat. Chris Woolley surveyed backyards and public reserves to find out what species survive in our urban habitats.
Chris W is a recipient of a Michael Taylor conservation award to help towards costs of his PhD project.
Michelle Campbell walked Te Araroa with her partner Jack Faulkner, and afterwards wrote a non-fiction memoir of their experiences.
Joane Elleouet and Arran Whiteford ditched their car and cycled from Picton to Molesworth Station, then spent two weeks cycling the valleys on gear-laden bikes and running peaks and ridges along the way in lightweight mode - a mix that they found made an 'incredibly good combination'.
Peter Barber and Mary Kane biked the Maungatapu Track between the Pelorus River and Nelson, and did a Southern Crossing using train services to journey from and back to Wellington.
Cathy Wylie and Hera Cook walked from Blackball to Punakaiki along the 55km Paparoa Track, a track that ‘traverses the West Coast in more than one way.’
To attend please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Simon Davis -> mailto:ttc [period] vice [period] president [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 021 184 2227 for an invitation.
- to attend click on the link () and the meeting will open on your web browser
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online meetings.
- You can join a meet from your Mac or PC using any web browser
- You can also attend them on your mobile device or tablet.
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend.
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi; we recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the hangout 30 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7pm for the 7:30pm start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts
- questions can be asked at the end of the presentation, or through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
- it is not possible to have a virtual background
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The three controls in circles in the centre allow you to:
- mute your microphone
- leave (hang up) the meeting
- turn off your outgoing video feed
Other controls on the screen are:
- the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮) on the bottom right
- attendees and chat, on the top right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees
- click on the chat icon to message everyone
See also the Google meet help.
Can you, or someone you know, keep us entertained or informed?
Our Tuesday night programme organisers, Liz Martin -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 938 6311 or Julia Fraser -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 586 8466 or Elizabeth Bridge -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 972 5848 , are keen to hear from anyone who would like to be considered as a Tuesday night speaker/presenter.