TTC Club night programme
- on Tuesday
- Supper, socialising from 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm
- General business 7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
- Speaker 7:35 pm - 8:30 pm
- Trip organisation 8:30 pm.
Tuesday is our regular club night. Club night meetings are held at our centrally-located clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off Elizabeth Street, off Kent Terrace, and are shared online with members and friends, using Google Meet web conferencing.
We welcome new faces at our meetings, and there are always club members available to provide newcomers with information and answer any questions.
Please see our online meeting guidance below for information on how to attend online and for an invitation.
To add and update clubnights go to https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FixtureCard/20??ClubNights
John Dement and Jenny Mason travelled along Chile’s Southern Highway, walked over a pass into Argentina’s Los Glaciares National Park, and did the W Trek in Torres del Paine National Park.
Come along and have your say on the way the Club is being run.
Colan Balkwill, a PhD student and recent arrival in New Zealand, is on a mission to contribute to research on the genetic capital of New Zealand's forests, a critically important element of their capacity to adapt to a changing climate and to withstand diseases.
Helen Gray walked a section of the Via de la Plata, a camino route through the west of Spain, and went cycling with Richard in Andalucía, riding from village to village on forest paths, rail trails, and rural roads.
Attending meetings online
To attend please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Simon Davis -> mailto:ttc [period] vice [period] president [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 021 184 2227 for an invitation.
- to attend click on the link () and the meeting will open on your web browser
- you may need to enter the meeding indenifier from the invitation
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
Attending an online clubnight … (click here)
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online meetings.
- You can join a meet from your Mac or PC using any web browser
- You can also attend them on your mobile device or tablet.
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend.
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi; we recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the meeting 30 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7pm for the 7:30pm start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts
- questions can be asked at the end of the presentation, or through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
- it is not possible to have a virtual background
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The three controls in circles in the centre allow you to:
- mute your microphone
- leave (hang up) the meeting
- turn off your outgoing video feed
Other controls on the screen are:
- the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮) on the bottom right
- attendees and chat, on the top right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees
- click on the chat icon to message everyone
See also the Google meet help.
Can you, or someone you know, keep us entertained or informed?
Our Tuesday night programme organisers, Liz Martin -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 938 6311 or Julia Fraser -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 586 8466 or Elizabeth Bridge -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 972 5848 , are keen to hear from anyone who would like to be considered as a Tuesday night speaker/presenter.