TTC Club night programme
- on Tuesday
- Supper, socialising from 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm
- General business 7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
- Speaker 7:35 pm - 8:30 pm
- Trip organisation 8:30 pm.
Tuesday is our regular club night. Club night hui are held at our centrally-located clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off Elizabeth Street, off Kent Terrace, and are shared online with members and friends, using Google Meet web conferencing.
We welcome new faces at our hui, and there are always club members available to provide newcomers with information and answer any questions.
Please see our online meeting guidance below for information on how to attend online and for an invitation.
To add and update clubnights go to https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FixtureCard/20??ClubNights
Jonty Crane visited rock churches, historic castles, and the Simian Mountains in Ethiopia, and encountered runaway donkeys, fake guides, families of baboons, pack-attacking mice, epic views, rabid dogs, death, and a birth!
Well-known New Zealand writer and former TTC member Julia Millen has written a new memoir of her travels and climbing and tramping adventures in the 1960s and 1970s. A few copies of her book, Fair Weather Hitchhiker, will be available to purchase for $30.
Les Molloy led a trek around Nanga Parbat (8,126m), the world’s ninth highest mountain. Les has journeyed extensively throughout the Karakoram, a region with a dangerously unstable landscape and a history of bitter political and military conflict.
To attend please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Social Committee -> mailto:ttc [period] social [period] committee [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website for an invitation.
- to attend click on the link () and the meeting will open in your web browser
- you may need to enter the meeting indentifier from the invitation
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
Attending an online clubnight … (click here)
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online meetings.
- You can join a meet from your Mac or PC using any web browser
- You can also attend them on your mobile device or tablet using the app
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi; we recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed (test your broadband speed)
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the meeting 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7:15pm for the 7:30pm start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts
- questions can be asked at the end of the presentation, or through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
If you have sound problems
- check your volume setting to see if the speaker is muted or turned down
- check which speakers are selected, e.g you might have headphones and speakers and selected a device that isn't on
- you can also dial in to the audio. Click on the arrow by the meeting title (see image above) to view the phone number and meeting PIN.
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The three controls in circles in the centre allow you to:
- mute your microphone
- leave (hang up) the meeting
- turn off your outgoing video feed
Other controls on the screen are:
- the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮) on the bottom right
- attendees and chat, on the top right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees
- click on the chat icon to message everyone
See also the Google meet help.
Can you, or someone you know, keep us entertained or informed?
Our Tuesday night programme organisers, Liz Martin -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 938 6311 or Julia Fraser -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 586 8466 or Elizabeth Bridge -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 972 5848 , are keen to hear from anyone who would like to be considered as a Tuesday night speaker.