TTC club night programme
- on Tuesday
- Supper, socialising from 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm
- General business 7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
- Speaker 7:35 pm - 8:30 pm
- Trip organisation 8:30 pm.
Tuesday is our regular club night
Our meetings are held at our centrally-located clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off Elizabeth Street, Mount Victoria, and are shared online with members and friends, using Google Meet web conferencing.
We welcome new faces at our hui, and there are always club members available to provide newcomers with information and answer any questions.
Please . Club policy is that only people with a My Vaccine Pass can attend club nights in person. Do not attend if you are unwell.
See online meeting guidance below for information on how to attend online.
To add and update club nights go to https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FixtureCard/2022ClubNights
Jude Willis cycled solo across the North Island via the 1,060 km Kōpiko route from East Cape to Cape Egmont to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis New Zealand.
Enjoy some great ski and snowboarding trips and other adventures in the snow this winter. Stay at the club’s alpine lodge, Tararua Lodge, on Mt Ruapehu. Come along at 7.00 p.m. for a glass of gluhwein and find out what’s on offer. There’s a $4 entry charge.
Attending an online clubnight … (click here)
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online meetings. To attend, please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Social Committee -> mailto:ttc [period] social [period] committee [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website for an invitation.
- click on the link () and the meeting will open in your web browser
- you may need to enter the meeting identifier from the invitation
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
- You can join a meeting from your Mac or PC using any web browser
- You can also attend on your mobile device or tablet using the app
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary, depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi. We recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed (test your broadband speed)
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the meeting 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7:15 p.m. for the 7:30 start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts
- questions can be asked through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
If you have sound problems:
- check your volume setting to see if the speaker or headphones are muted or turned down
- check which speakers are selected, e.g. you might have both headphones and speakers, and have selected a device that isn't on (see example to the right)
- you can also dial in to the audio. Click on the vertical ellipsis (⋮) to view the phone number and meeting PIN.
- Check your audio setting by clicking '⋮', then '⚙ Settings'
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The controls allow you to:
- mute your microphone 🎙
- leave (hang up) the meeting 📞
- turn off your outgoing video feed 📹
- raise a hand ✋🏽
- present your screen to participants
- open the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮)
- attendees and chat, on the right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees 👥
- click on the chat icon to message everyone 💬
See also the Google meet help.
If you are a presenter please see our Presenter's guide.