TTC Club night programme
- on Tuesday
- Supper, socialising from 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm
- General business 7:30 pm - 7:35 pm
- Speaker 7:35 pm - 8:30 pm
- Trip organisation 8:30 pm.
Tuesday is our regular club night. Club night hui are held at our centrally-located clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off Elizabeth Street, off Kent Terrace, and are shared online with members and friends, using Google Meet web conferencing.
We welcome new faces at our meetings, and there are always club members available to provide newcomers with information and answer any questions.
Please see our online meeting guidance below for information on how to attend online and for an invitation.
To add and update clubnights go to https://ttc.org.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FixtureCard/20??ClubNights
5.30 - 9.00 pm. BBQ at Peter Barber’s and Mary Kane's home, 100 Queens Drive, Lyall Bay. Please bring your own meat for the barbecue, and food and drink to share.
Jonty Crane hiked in gumboots through endless mud among diverse landscapes and exotic flora in Uganda’s Rwenzori Mountains, and summited 5,109m Mt Stanley, Africa’s third-highest peak.
David Barnes worked as a tour guide on cruises to Antarctica and gave lectures to tour parties aboard ship on Antarctica’s rich history.
16 February Cycling from Lands End to John O’Groats (Part Two of Two) (Clubrooms and Online meeting)
Mike and Zita Wespel-Rose chose a long and slow, but quiet and beautiful route for their 25-day bike ride from Lands End to John O'Groats.
Diana Barnes went on an organised walking trip in Te Waipounamu, doing a total of 26 walks and staying in comparatively luxurious accommodation overnight (no camping or tramping huts).
Attending meetings online
To attend please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Social Committee -> mailto:ttc [period] social [period] committee [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website for an invitation.
- to attend click on the link () and the meeting will open in your web browser
- you may need to enter the meeting indentifier from the invitation
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
Attending an online clubnight … (click here)
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online meetings.
- You can join a meet from your Mac or PC using any web browser
- You can also attend them on your mobile device or tablet.
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend.
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi; we recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the meeting 20 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7:10pm for the 7:30pm start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts
- questions can be asked at the end of the presentation, or through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
- it is not possible to have a virtual background
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The three controls in circles in the centre allow you to:
- mute your microphone
- leave (hang up) the meeting
- turn off your outgoing video feed
Other controls on the screen are:
- the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮) on the bottom right
- attendees and chat, on the top right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees
- click on the chat icon to message everyone
See also the Google meet help.
Can you, or someone you know, keep us entertained or informed?
Our Tuesday night programme organisers, Liz Martin -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 938 6311 or Julia Fraser -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 586 8466 or Elizabeth Bridge -> mailto:ttc [period] clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 972 5848 , are keen to hear from anyone who would like to be considered as a Tuesday night speaker/presenter.