Tararua Tramping Club - Facilities
Our Clubrooms are a valuable asset. They are 100% owned by the club and we hire them out to several other
organisations - including other tramping clubs! For information regarding club room hire
contact our club rooms booking officer (see club contacts page).
We have a gear room which is open each club evening for members to draw and/or return gear for club trips or private trips.
Hire equipment includes: Tents, tent poles, tent flies, billies, Insulation mats, axes, ice axes, ice hammers, crampons, packs, first aid kits, avalanche transceivers, personal locator beacons, food, dehydrators, etc:
Gear hire charges are as follows
|Tent poles & pegs||nc||nc||5||10||10|
|Aluminium fuel bottles||nc||nc||5||10||20|
|First Aid Kit||nc||nc||nc||nc||10|
|No charge to hire||nc||Not allowed to hire||na||
- deposits are required by non-members on all items
- deposits are required by everyone for Avalanche Transceivers and personal locator beacons
- ropes, harnesses, slings, ATCs, and karabiners can only be taken out by instructors, not by anyone else.
- charges must be payable in advance
- equipment returned clean and dry on the first Tuesday evening
- TTC approved courses and programmes are exempt from charges
- non-members may hire gear only to use on a club trip, fees and a deposit will be required.
The clubrooms are also the home for our library.
One of our librarians is present each Tuesday night for members wishing to borrow or
return books or magazines. Have a look in the TTC Library catalog
Some of our more historic literature has been forwarded to the
Turnbull Library for safe-keeping.
Tararua Tramping Club Lodge is our unique alpine lodge situated on the northern slopes of Mt. Ruapehu within the Whakapapa ski area, in Tongariro National Park and World Heritage area.
Tararua Lodge is available for use by non-members, although at least one of the party must be a TTC member.
Today we maintain four tramping huts and our Ruapehu mountain lodge.
Cone , Field and Kime are "open" huts and all lie within the Tararua Forest Park.
Waerenga is a locked hut in the Rimutaka Forest Park.
Be a great tramper, follow the Minimum Impact Code