FITT - Females in Tramping Training - Schedule
- All trips, including trips to the Lodge and Waerenga must have a leader who maintains a record of the people on the trip, the route taken, and when.
- Treat each trip group like a bubble and stay socially distanced and try to keep a 2 metre distance from people you do not know if possible (other groups out walking/tramping).
- Trip members may want to consider wearing their masks if there are a lot of other groups around in the area.
- Stay safe in the hills and enjoy getting out there.
FITT is a fun club group which tramps on mid-week evenings to build fitness for weekend tramps. It runs from October through March when daylight saving provides long evenings. Trips are easy, 1½ to 2 hours long, run on Thursday or Friday nights, and are often followed by a pot-luck or restaurant dinner. There are some great places to go so we look forward to seeing many of you out this season. Have fun in the hills.
To join the mailing list, use the subscription box to the right.
FITT Schedule: Summer 2021/2022
|1 Oct Fri||Otari Bush and Karori Cemetery or Skyline||Vivienne Healey|
|14 Oct Fri||Percy Reserve, beyond the waterfall||Leonore Hoke|
|29 Oct Fri||Whitby Meander||Anja Geelen|
|12 Nov Fri||Northland – Botanic Gardens, and takeaways in Northland||Gilda Chance|
|26 Nov Thu||Wrights Hill – Makara Peak, Karori||Virginia Ashcroft|
|10 Dec Fri||Cheviot Loop, Lowry Bay||Melanie Martin|
|18 Dec Sat||Christmas Pot Luck dinner, Petone||Leonore Hoke|
|21 Dec Wed||Christmas lights and dessert in Pukerua Bay||Jenny Olsen|
|10-14 Jan Mon-Fri||Climb the Maunga. Mt Kaukau Get-Fit Challenge – 5 nights in a row up Mt Kaukau, a different route each time!! Friday night dinner at Khandallah Pub||Vivienne Healey, Sue Tunnicliff, Muriel Christianson, Nina Sawicki, Vicki Wogan|
|21 Jan Fri (Anniversary Weekend)||Polhill Track, Aro Valley||Marilyn Bramley|
|28 Jan Fri||Cannons Creek to Takapu Road||Jenny Olsen|
|11 Feb Fri||Skyline/ Old Coach Road, Johnsonville to Truscott Park||Janet McFadden|
|25 Feb||Mt Victoria Dinner at Beach Babylon||Adrienne Vermeulen|
|11 Mar Fri||Ngaio Meander: Piwakawaka Track – Trelissick Park||Christine Ben Tovim|
|25 Mar Fri||Onepoto Loop, Porirua||Jeanette Martin|
|3 Apr Weekend||End of daylight savings beach trip to Tip Top, at Waikawa Beach||Anja Geelen|
- Thanks for putting your name down to lead a trip.
- Please check this schedule and if there are any changes to make let Vicki know -> mailto:vicki [period] wogan [snail] xtra [period] co [period] nz please.
- Trips should start at 6pm at the earliest to give people time to get to the meeting place after work.
- It would be good if there is a meal out after at least every second trip, but it is up to you. It does depend a bit on the length of the trip and if there is a suitable eating place nearby. Experience tells us that it can be a hassle and take too long to do a pot luck on a weeknight (although it has been done and can work when it’s a shorter walk on a Friday night and the venue is nearby!).
- If you can’t lead your trip on the date then arrange a swap with someone else and keep Viv and Vicki in the loop. We’ll find a new leader if necessary.