Google Groups provide a free email news and discussion forum for the Tararua Tramping Club.
This is a free service that allows club members to administer their own subscription details, particularly useful for keeping email addresses current.
Many club members are members of other Google Groups and find this an extremely convenient means of communicating and sharing information with the clubs, associations, and professional bodies of their choice.
We use this because it avoids a plethora of partial and out of date lists held by members and committees, and together with the club website, where contact details are available, provides an effective and efficient means of communication.
Additionally this supports the club's committees by reducing the workload of committee members and allowing their focus to be on club achievements, rather than administration.
Using the email list
- Joining the list
- To get on an email list send a message to
email@example.com(it doesn't need to have a subject or body).
To get off an email list send a message to
- Changing your email address
- To change your email address unsubscribe your old email address and subscribe your new email address.
- Emailing the list
- To send a message to a list email
firstname.lastname@example.org email address you joined with.
- When you reply to a message from the list your reply will, by default, go back to the list (some email software will offer you the choice of using the sender or the reply-to address).
If you just want to respond to the sender just overkey the to address of your response email.
- Files are currently not accepted with email messages, and are removed. This can be changed if needed, but is not recommended. This is done to reduce the junk from signatures, and avoid overloading member's email inboxes.
If you need to send a file with your email message talk to the webteam. Putting a file or photo on the club website and then notifying people about it is the preferred option.
- Messages to the email list can also be read or posted from the web at https://groups.google.com/a/ttc.org.nz/forum/#!myforums.