Information for trip leaders
Tararua Lodge trip leaders run the school holiday, alpine training, climbing and mountaineering, and club events for the lodge committee and the regular weekend and week trips, not to mention summer trips and activities.
If you were interested in leading either a week (Sunday or Monday night to Thursday night, vacate Friday) or weekend (Friday night to Saturday night, vacate Sunday) at the lodge, then please contact the ski committee Carol Kelly -> mailto:ttc [period] tararua [period] lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 972 5895 or Vivienne Radcliffe -> mailto:ttc [period] tararua [period] lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 233 1398 .
Being a trip leader involves:
- being a contact point prior to the trip for others interested in stay at the lodge for that week or weekend that you'd be leading
- co-coordinating any transport (car pooling)
- drawing up a menu and a shopping list of fresh food that you'd ask them to bring with them - mostly vegetables, fruit, meat and bread.
- drawing up and assigning a roster of cooking or house keeping duties
- Collecting lodge/food fees, recording this, getting those details to myself and the money to the club treasurer.
- ensuring the building is left clean and tidy when you leave
- possibly undertaking a 'starting up and shutting down' the lodge power, water, electricity and fire alarm systems, if the was no one there either preceding or following on from you. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes following a help guide detailing what you need to do.