Information for trip leaders
- Recipes Tramping and Tararua Lodge recipes
- Leaders Letter Leader's letter from ski and lodge committee
- Tararua Lodge Charges Fees for using Tararua Lodge
- Tararua Lodge Duties Duty descriptions
- Tararua Lodge Information Documents for trip leaders and members
- Tararua Lodge Menu Menu for a week at the lodge
- Tararua Lodge Rules Tararua Lodge Rules
- Tararua Lodge Things 14 useful things to know about going to and using Tararua Lodge
Tararua Lodge trip leaders run the school holiday, alpine training, climbing and mountaineering, and club events for the lodge committee and the regular weekend and week trips, not to mention summer trips and activities.
If you were interested in leading either a week (Sunday or Monday night to Thursday night, vacate Friday) or weekend (Friday night to Saturday night, vacate Sunday) at the lodge, then please contact the ski committee Tararua Lodge Committee -> mailto:ttc [period] tararua [period] lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website Vivienne Radcliffe on 021 948 634 or Vince Jennings on 027 437 8958.
Being a trip leader involves:
- being a contact point prior to the trip for others interested in stay at the lodge for that week or weekend that you'd be leading
- co-coordinating any transport (car pooling)
- drawing up a menu and a shopping list of fresh food that you'd ask them to bring with them - mostly vegetables, fruit, meat and bread.
- drawing up and assigning a roster of cooking or house keeping duties
- Collecting lodge/food fees, recording this, getting those details to the ski committee and the money to the club treasurer.
- ensuring the building is left clean and tidy when you leave
- Opening and closing the lodge power, water, electricity and fire alarm systems, if the was no one there either preceding or following on from you. This takes about 15 to 20 minutes following a help guide detailing what you need to do.