Michael Taylor Bequest Guide for Grant Application
The Michael Taylor Bequest Advisory Committee will consider Grant Applications as they are received throughout the year.
Applications will be assessed against the criteria and priorities listed below and the advisory committee may then invite applicants to supply additional information in support of their application.
A list of new funding application approved will be published in the Club's Annual Report.
Criteria for application
The following criteria are used to assess proposals:
- Supporting the objects of the club
- Enhancing the leadership capacity of the club
- Enhancing the maintenance and growth of club membership
- Supporting club participation in community tramping and related activities
- Supporting activities that fall outside the club’s ”business as usual”
- Supporting priority areas identified by the MTBAC
Priority will be given to proposals addressing three key area of the club.
- The maintenance and enhancement of the club’s physical assets, which include the club hall, the huts and the Ruapehu Lodge
- The archival and administrative records of the club.
- Enhancing the Leadership Capacity of the Club.
These priorities do not exclude consideration of other proposals meeting the criteria above.
What will not be funded
In general, hours spent by members on a project will be regarded as voluntary and will not be funded. An exception may be made when time spent is in the form of expertise that the club may otherwise have had to pay for.
The advisory committee may decide to part fund applications if aspects of the application fall outside the criteria or should be covered by other club financial resources.
How to apply
The Advisory Committee wants to hear about your project. Please contact Brian Hasell -> mailto:ttc [period] mtbac [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 027 490 7960 for an initial discussion. Thank you.
- Download, complete the application form, and email it.
In your application form you should clearly demonstrate how you meet the advisory committee’s criteria and priorities.
Please email confirmation of your application and any supporting information to :
- Brian Hasell -> mailto:ttc [period] mtbac [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 027 490 7960 or
- post to
P O Box 1008
Wellington 6140 .
The advisory committee’s preference is for electronic applications because of the ease of circulation around advisory committee members.
All applications will be acknowledged.
The assessment process will take account of the criteria and priorities. Some criteria may be given more weight than others. Proposals that do not meet the Committee’s initial priorities will still receive careful consideration.
The advisory committee’s recommendations will be forwarded to General Committee for final approval.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application once General Committee has made the final decision.
Grants offered to successful applicants will be subject to a funding agreement between TTC and the recipient, and may be paid in a number of instalments payable at agreed milestones and dependent on progress. Payments will be made through the TTC treasurer.
Successful applicants will be required to report back to the advisory committee at regular intervals (depending on the nature of the grant) on progress with the project including an expenditure review. These reports will be forwarded to General Committee.
The advisory committee reserves the right to recommend to General Committee halting or ceasing payments if a project does not demonstrate compliance with its funding agreement.