Online meeting presenter's guide
- you will be invited via an email to join the meeting with a link
- please join early to ensure everything works (we open meetings 30 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7pm for the 7:30pm start)
- we ask attendees to keep their microphone muted once the presentation starts
- we suggest questions are asked through the chat function, or at the end of the presentation
- attendees can join the meeting using a browser on their Mac, PC, mobile device, or tablet
- attendees do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend
The quality of the virtual clubnight experience may vary, depending on such factors as:
- home WiFi; we recommend being close to your WiFi router or using a wired connection
- broadband speed
- the number of people using a connection
- the device being used
- use of a headset with a microphone (recommended for better audio quality)
- the use of the current version of the operating system and software, see personal safety, security, and privacy for more information
Preparing your presentation
- TTC is happy to set up a prior practice meeting. Please contact Simon Davis -> mailto:ttc [period] vice [period] president [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 021 184 2227.
- include about 50 to 80 slides, depending on how long you speak to each slide.
- you have about 40 minutes, from 7:35 to 8:15, for your presentation, followed by 5 to 10 minutes for questions from the viewers
- use presentation software such as Impress, PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote, or put your photos together as a collection in a folder, ordered by name
- see the viewer's guide for photo presentation instructions and the PowerPoint guide
Delivering your presentation
- open the presentation on your device then join the meeting, click "join now", not "present".
- in the meeting window move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
- select Present now
- select A window
- select the presentation window from the thumbnails shown and click Share
Once you are sharing your presentation with the meeting, click on Slide Show () if using PowerPoint to enter presentation mode.
- use Fullscreen if there is difficulty playing a presentation from a window
Other controls on the screen are
- the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮) on the bottom right
- attendees and chat, on the top right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees
- click on the chat icon to message everyone, or one person