Presenter's guide to PowerPoint
Media in your PowerPoint presentation
The club's data projector has a maximum resolution of 1024 horizontal x 768 vertical (or 720p).
TTC recommends that you compress the media in your PowerPoint presentation to provide a better experience. Microsoft provides the following recommendations:
To ensure your presentation includes media files you can export it
- set play options for a video in PowerPoint, play full screem, start automatically
- insert a video from your PC into PowerPoint, do not link to video files
To play an audio track for a slide or across slides in the backgroups see
- Play music across multiple slides in your slide show
- Play music or other sounds automatically when a slide appears
- See Microsoft's PowerPoint training
- in "presentation mode" you can use the PowerPoint Pointer
- When presenting using a window your cursor is visible and can be used as a pointer
- see also the viewer's guide for instructions on showing images, and playing audio and movies
Useful Powerpoint keyboard shortcuts to deliver presentations
You may find it useful to be familiar with some PowerPoint keyboard controls:
|F5||start presentation||Shift+F5||start presentation from current slide|
|space||next (or N, enter, page down, right arrow, down arrow)||backspace||previous (or P, page up, left arrow, up arrow)|
|B||display black screen (or full stop)||W||display white screen (or comma)|
|number enter||go to slide number||Esc||end presentation (or hyphen)|
|tab||go to first or next hyperlink on a slide||shift+tab||go to previous or last hyperlink on a slide|
|Alt Q||stop playback||Ctrl+space||play or pause media|
|Alt P||toggle pause and play||Alt U||mute sound|
|Alt up||increase sound||Alt down||decrease sound|
Mac OS X
If youíre not able to present in a Google Meet video meeting, you should give your browser access to record your screen.
On an Apple Mac computer using macOS Catalina version 10.15 or later, let Firefox or the Chrome Browser access your computerís screen recording:
- Go to System preferences and then click Security and Privacy.
- Click Privacy.
- On the left, click Screen recording.
- On the right, check the Google Chrome or Firefox box as required.