Basic Cheese Scones
Here is a recipe which Peter Reimann has in his ‘quick and easy’ repertoire. It is adapted from the book Mmm Muffins… The New Zealand Way by Shirley Bradstock.
2 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp olive oil 1 cup milk 75 g grated tasty cheese ¼ tsp salt
- preheat oven to 220° C (200° C for a fan-oven)
- put all ingredients in a bowl and lightly mix, then turn the dough onto a floured bench and knead lightly
- pat into a rectangle about 10 mm thick and cut into squares
- put them onto baking paper and bake for 10 – 15 minutes
- open the oven door a couple of times to let out steam.
They are best eaten straight away.