2023 TTC Photo competition
Tuesday 22 August 2023
Entries close on 8 August.
As usual, we will show as many entries as we can at this year’s photo competition, within the constraints of a club night meeting. All entries will be featured on the club's website.
Each category winner will receive a CHAMPION certificate. The winning and runner-up photographs in each category will be forwarded to FMC for entry in the 2023 FMC Photo Competition.
Have a look at previous winning photos on the photo competition results pages and the (-) photo competition results |2023 winning entries.
Any queries? Please contact Muriel Christianson -> mailto:ttc [period] photo [period] competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website&Subject=Photo Competition on (04) 479 5269
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (no human element) ABN
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (with human element) ABW
- BELOW BUSHLINE (no human element) BBN
- BELOW BUSHLINE (with human element) BBW
- HISTORIC HIS
- NATIVE FLORA OR FAUNA NFF
- LONG EXPOSURE (as per the FMC photo competition, the long exposure category is intended for highly technical images of shots taken at night (including star trails), or in extremely low light situations such as caves or canyons).
- Photos must have been taken: by the entrant; in Aotearoa / New Zealand; after 1st January 2022, except those entered in the Historic category
- ‘No human element’ means no tracks, signs, huts or people should be visible in the photo
- Adjustments are allowed for exposure, white balance, contrast and levels
- Cropping is allowed
- Stitching is allowed for panoramic images
- Removal or insertion of features not in the original images is not allowed
- A contact phone number must be provided
Each entrant is asked to try to limit their entries to TWO photos in each category.
How to enter
All entries must be submitted electronically as
.jpeg files, with a file size between 1 MB and 5 MB.
Digital entries, clearly labelled, can be emailed to Muriel Christianson -> mailto:ttc [period] photo [period] competition [period] entries [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website&Subject=Photo competition entry. Emailed photos should be sent individually if they are large.
Photo DVDs and USB drives can be given to 'Muriel Christianson -> mailto:ttc [period] photo [period] competition [period] entries [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website&Subject=Photo competition entry at a club night meeting.
Please code the file name correctly (e.g. ABNTararuaTCMereSmithOverlookingHoldsworth.jpeg) and ensure you supply your name and phone number.
An email will be sent to entrants to confirm receipt of the photos entered in the competition.