2017 TTC Photo competition
Tuesday 17th October 2017, entries close 27th September
Last year’s TTC Photo Competition was very successful with over many entries and well deserved winners. Thank you to all those who entered last year, and this year we are looking forward to even greater numbers.
This year’s competition will be held on Tuesday 17th October, therefore entries will close on 27th September 2017. Please have a look at their photos in the 2016 photo competition results page.
We continue to keep our competition rules close to those of the FMC, FMC have made some changes as they and we would like to see a greater range of photos with peopleinthemdoingthingsthatourmembersdointheoutdoors, so please note the changes below. Both the winner and the first runner-up of each category will be eligible to enter the FMC Photo competition next year.
Photos entered should ideally reflect tramping or other TTC activities.
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (with no human element) ABN
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (with human element) ABW
- BELOW BUSHLINE (with no human element) BBN
- BELOW BUSHLINE (with human element) BBW
- HISTORIC HIS
- NATIVE FLORA OR FAUNA NFF
Please send your files in, coding them correctly: e.g. ABNTararuaTCMarySmithOverlookingHoldsworth.jpg
From FMC: ''The definition of what is a “Human Element” is flexible but the general intention is:
- where the photo contains anything other than as a very minor feature - people, a hut, a track sign/marker, bridge, ice axe and anything else that has been introduced by humans into the environment - then we would define that as having a “Human Element”
- * if a photo has what could be called a Human Element but that element is very small, inconsequential and not a feature in the photo then you could count it as “No Human Element”.''
So as to get more of our members' photos into the final night's viewing, entrants may make TWO entries in each category. We show as many entries as we can, within the constraints of club night.
All entries must be submitted electronically with a file size between 1MB and 5MB as .jpg files.
- Adjustments for exposure, white balance, contrast & levels is allowed
- Cropping is allowed
- Stitching for panoramic is allowed
- Removal or insertion of features not in the original images is not allowed.
- All photos must be taken in New Zealand after 1st January 2015 except Historic (may be taken before this time)
Entries close on 27th September 2017. Digital entries, clearly labeled, can be emailed -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz. Photo CDs, USB drives, and Prints, well-labeled and packaged, can be given to the organiser, Muriel Christianson -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on (04) 470 5269, at a meeting.
Any queries? Please ring Muriel Christianson -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on (04) 470 5269.