TTC Photo competition 2013
Tuesday 1st October 2013
Many thanks to everyone who entered photos in last year's TTC Photo Competition, and congratulations to the category winners; Andre Lazelle, Peter Smith, Peter Radcliffe, Vivienne Radcliffe, Alan Graham; and runners-up, Lynne Pomare, Peter Whiteford, Susi Lang, David Ogilvie, Christine Whiteford, and Peter Barber. Please have a look at their photos in the 2012-Photo Competition Results page.
This years competition will be held on Tuesday October 1st. Entries close on September 17th. We're keeping our competition rules in line those of the FMC, and as before, both the winner and the first runner-up of each category will be eligible to enter the FMC Photo competition next year.
Photos entered should ideally reflect tramping or other TTC activities.
- Above the bushline
- Below the bushline
- Hut or camp life
- Native flora or fauna (no people in these photos)
- Outdoor landscapes (no people in these photos)
So as to get more people's work into the final night's viewing, entrants may make one entry in each category. In past years it has sometimes been difficult to keep the competition event within the time constraints of clubnight, so we are limited in the number of entries that can be displayed.
All entries (except in Historic category) must:
- Be submitted electronically with a file size not less than 1MB and not greater than 10MB as .jpg files. Less than 1MB and the quality is unlikely to match that of the other entries; larger than 10MB, well you have to draw a line somewhere.
- The only digital manipulations permitted are cropping, straightening, sharpening and tonal or exposure adjustments.
- Panoramic stitched images are acceptable provided the only manipulation other than stitching is cropping, straightening, sharpening and tonal or exposure adjustments.
- Be taken since 1st January 2012 by a member of the club, and may not have won awards in any other photographic competition.
- Entries in the Historic category can be submitted as original prints (these will be returned) or scanned and submitted electronically. If scanned they should be at least 600 pixels on each dimension.
IMPORTANT !!! Please name all electronic files strictly according to the format below:
- CATEGORY CODE-Club-Photographer-Caption.jpg (it must be a jpg file) – see below for the category codes.
(Please adhere to this format, it make the work of collation much less time consuming). eg: ABL-TTC-Wiremu Bloggs-Mt Manganui.jpg
- ABL - above bushline, BBL - below bushline, HIS - historic, HCL - hut or camp life, NFF - native flora or fauna, OLS - outdoor landscapes
Entries close on Tuesday 17th September. Digital entries, clearly labeled, can be emailed (ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz ). Photo CDs and Prints, well-labeled and packaged, can be given to Peter Barber at a meeting.
Any queries? Please ring Peter Barber on (04) 973 2254 or email ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz .