Role description: Almoner
Date last updated
What the job achieves for the Club (results):
- Ensures that the club maintains contact with club members who are no longer able to fully participate in club activities because of age or illness.
- Acknowledges serious illness or bereavement among club members
- Preserves a social history of club members.
Suitable skills and experience for the job:
- An good knowledge of and an interest in club members and their activities within club
- Able to deal sensitively with illness and bereavement
- Able to encourage the recording of lives of club members and their role within the club
What the job involves (tasks):
- Inform the president of illness or death amongst club members and assist the president with any arrangements to contact the club member or the club members family etc
- Assist with functions for senior and life members of club
- Assist with relevant events to ensure that elderly or infirm club members participate to the best of their ability
- Encouraging club members to compile a history of participation in the club of deceased clubs members.
- Represent the club at functions, or services as required
Special equipment needed
Authorities (financial and other): (What the office holder has permission or authority to do without asking General Committee)
- up to $50 for flowers or similar for the family of a deceased club member
Things that need approval from General Committee:
- spending above budget approval