Centenary Week Events
Sun 30 June : Centenary Tramp
See the detailed arrangements.
Tue 2 July : Club Night
- Location: Clubrooms; 7-8:30pm
A Centennial exposť, Sean Buchanan reveals his thoughts about the club and its characters
Wed 3 July : Public History talk
- Location: National Library, Molesworth Street, 12-1pm.
Shaun Barnett and Chris Maclean speak about the book
Wed 3 July : Centenary Book Launch
- Location: The Ward, SPCA Wellington Centre, 140 Alexandra Rd, Mt Victoria, 6-9pm
This is our club celebration of our 100 years of tramping history published in a beautiful book, "Leading the Way", written by Shaun Barnett and Chris Maclean. Mix and mingle with friends over beer, bubbles and finger food. The authors will speak before the official launch by Denise Church QSO, club member and recent Chair of Zealandia.
The book launch is free however your RSVP is essential for liquor licencing requirements RSVP here
Wed 4 July : Centenary Afternoon Tea
- Location: TTC Clubrooms, 4 Moncrieff Street; 1-4pm
A chance to meet and chat to old friends in our wonderfully refurbished clubrooms and see the glorious landscape, cloud and lightening stained glass windows that sweep the room. Afternoon tea will be provided. Collect your complimentary copy of "Leading the Way", you may need a bag. A short selection of old tramping films will be shown at 2.30 pm.
If you require transport contact Alison Stephenson -> mailto:amsbelmont [snail] gmail [period] com 565 0059, or Kath Kerr -> mailto:kathmkerr [snail] xtra [period] co [period] nz 475 8064. If you plan to drive and have spare seats please let Alison or Kath know.
- Public Transport: Clubrooms are a short walk from the Courtenay Place Bus hub. Alternatively No. 2 Seatoun to Karori bus stops in Elizabeth St every 10 minutes. If returning to the Railway alight at Bowen Street
Sat 6 July : Centenary Dinner
- Location: Pipitea Marae, 55 Thorndon Quay, Wellington; 6pm
- Cost: $75
- Guest Speaker : Jan Findlayson FMC President
- MC : Paddy Gresham
- Dinner : a delicious buffet selections including GF and V; also live music & cash bar
Celebrate years of tramping memories with tramping friends. An entertaining night assured.
Book tickets online for the Centenary Dinner.
A Wilsons Car Park is available under the marae building. Book your tickets for the Centenary Dinner on the TTC web page or call Carol Kelly 04 972 5895.
See the dinner menu.
The TTC Centenary Committee has arranged a purchasing arrangement with Earth Sea Sky to sell to TTC members items of clothing branded with the TTC logo, complete with the centenary year (1919-2019) embroidered under the actual edelweiss representation.
See purchase information and the logo on a beanie and T-shirt.
- 100 Achievements Achieved 100 peaks and places in 100 weeks
- 100 Peak Places Weeks 100 peaks and places in 100 weeks
- Centenary Book About the centenary book
- Centenary Book Order Form Centenary Book order google webform
- Centenary Details Centenary week events detail
- Centenary Postage Order Form Centenary Book postage order google webform
- Clothing TTC 100 year branded clothing from Earth Sea Sky
Centenary organising committee
The Centenary organising committee members are Patrick Arnold, Paul Maxim (chair), Kristy Johnstone, Christine Whiteford and Carol Kelly.