Trips in the Wellington area
North Island Geographical Area
| website pages
|| website pages starting with dates
- 2019-07-06-Centenary Dinner Photos from the TTC Centenary Dinner
- 2019-07-03-Centenary Public History Talk Photos from the Centenary Public History Talk
- 2019-07-03-Centenary Book Launch-Digital Ninja Photos from the Centenary Book Launch by Digital Ninja
- 2013-10-05-South Coast Bike Ride Photos from Wellington's south coast
- 2013-06-26-Wellington Skyline Photos from Wednesday walk along the Skyline
- 2010-11-17 Wellington city, Wairarapa, Haurangis, Belmont biking
- 2010-11-03 Wellington city, Tararuas, Taranaki
- 2010-06-09 Wellington regional jaunts
- 2018-03-11-Wellington Town Belt Travels through Wellington streets and Town Belt
- 2018-02-28-Centennial Reserve-Seatoun A trip on hilly tracks of South Wellington
- 2018-01-21-Khandallah Park A botanising on the Northern Walkway
- 2017-07-22-Wellington (:Summary: The City-to Sea walkway in a stiff southerly
- 2017-07-12-Karori Park Lunch at Karori Park Cafe
- 2017-04-11-Huntleigh Park A botanising trip in diverse native forest.
- 2017-03-12-Wellington Along Wellington paths including the City to Sea Walkway
- 2016-12-17-East Harbour Regional Park From Whiorau Grove to the Ridge Track, Pukeatua footbridge, Kōnini Saddle Track, & Whites Line East,
- 2016-11-09-Belmont Hills A large loop in the Belmont Hills from Cornish Street.
- 2016-02-21-Wellington Town Belt Walking in the Town Belt and Southern Walkway
- 2015-09-12-Melrose-Seatoun A walk on tracks and walkways & thru bush in southern Wellington
- 2015-08-12-Whitireia Park A cleanup of beaches in Whitirea Park and Te Onepoto Bay
- 2015-05-20-Historic Central Wellington A trip around central Wellington to view historic sites and buildings.
- 2015-03-25-Southern Walkway Wellington A day walk along the southern section of the Southern Walkway
- 2015-03-13-Wellington Town Belt A day on many tracks in the Wellington Town Belt
- 2014-11-16-Johnston Hill Reserve A day trip of botanising in Johnston Hill Reserve
- 2014-08-20-Pukerua Bay Cleaning beaches at Pukerua Bay & Plimmerton in a cold showery southerly.
- 2014-06-21-Island Bay-Seatoun A day walk of on and off-track travel near Island Bay and Seatoun.
- 2014-02-12-Paekakariki Escarpment A day walk on sections of Te Araroa, and thru native forest and private farmland.
- 2013-12-22-Ohau Bay And Te Ika A Maru Bays A day walk in gullies and up ridges of the Terawhiti Station
- 2013-11-02 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-27-Kaiwharawhara Stream-Te Ahumairangi Hill An afternoon tramp that was slower than expected due to tree-falls
- 2013-10-27 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-08-15-Makara Coastline Clean-up Wednesday walkers spend a day removing rubbish from the Makara Coast
- 2013-02-17-Willowbank Park-Belmont Regional Park Day trip from Takapu Rd Station to Horokiwi Bridleway, Belmont Trig & Korokoro
- 2012-11-28-Hawtrey-Butterfly Creek A day trip from Hawtrey to Gollans Stream and up and along East Ridge ridge
- 2012-11-18-Seton Nossiter Park Woodridge A 4 hour botany trip in regenerating native forest.
- 2012-11-10-East Harbour Regional Park Traverse A 5 hour traverse across from Wainuomata to Eastbourne.
- 2012-05-06-Sunday PM Zoo To Houghton Bay-Island Bay Sunday 1pm walk from Zoo to Houghton Bay to Island Bay & Champagne !
- 2012-04-14-Maraenui Paekawakawa A day walk through reserves and beaches in south Wellington
- 2011-12-03-Baring Head A cycle trip from Eastbourne to Baring Head and back into a northerly
- 2011-11-20-Karori Reserves An 87 native species botany trip to three Karori Reserves
- 2010-11-13-Otari-Wilton S Bush A day of native plant identification at Otari -Wilton's Bush.
- 2010-10-17-Percy Scenic Reserve A trip to unveil a memorial to Peter Jagger in the Percy Scenic Reserve
- 2010-08-22-Marchant Stream-Joe S Track A day trip into the Tauherenikau via Dobsons and the puffer ending with a helicopter rescue.
- 2010-08-21-Penn Creek A trip along the difficult Penn Creek Track then off-track travel to Judd Ridge
- 2010-06-27-Orongorongo Huts Two separate day trips to view two new DOC huts in the Orongorongos.
- 2010-04-18-Whakanui Stm Traverse A day trip along the Whakanui Track to the East Whakanui Track via an off track crossing of Whakanui Stm
- 2010-04-18-Red Rocks A family tramp to Red Rocks, Wellington South Coast.
- 2010-04-01-Renata Forks-Elder Hut-Quoin Ridge A 2-day round trip from Eastern Hutt to Elder Hut via Renata Forks and Quoin Ridge
- 2010-03-20-Penn Creek Hut A tramp to Penn Creek Hut via Field Hut and Table Top returning up a scrubby ridge
- 2010-03-10-Wootton Stream-Tapokopoko An energetic day walk from the Orongorongo Track, up the Wootton Stream to the peak of Tapokopoko in the Rimutaka Range.
- 2010-02-22-Main Range-Maungahuka Hut-Middle Spur Otaki Forks to Kime to Maungahuka Hut with a side trip to Aokaporangi Hut & Middle Spur.
- 2009-12-01-Baring Head Climbing A day of bouldering and climbing at Baring Head in windy conditions.
- 2009-11-08-Field Hut-workparty A Field Hut workparty on the 85th anniversary of the hut
- 2009-11-04-Otari-Skyline Ridge A walk along the Skyline Ridge above Otari in gale force winds
- 2009-10-14-Mc Kerrow Track-Whakanui Stream A visit to an aeroplane wreck and difficult travel in Whakanui Stream
- 2009-09-13-Marchant Stream Spur A fine day up the Marchant Stream Spur to the Marchant track
- 2009-09-12-Lowry Bay Waiu Park Hayward Scenic Reserve A botanizing trip in the eastern hills of Wellington.
- 2009-07-05-Tinakori Hill Circuit 90th Anniversary tramp around a Tinakori Hill circuit
- 2009-07-05-Skyline Walkway Wellington 90th Anniversary tramp along the Skyline Walkway from Karori to Kaukau
- 2009-04-26-Beacon Hill-Mt Bristol A tramp from Seatoun to Beacon Hill Reserve and through streets to Mt Bristol and beyond.
- 2009-03-21-Percy Stream-Middle Ridge Track-Cannons Head Ridge A coast-to-coast from Petone to Paramata via Percy and Korokoro Streams.
- 2008-03-29-Wellington Town Belt Brief trip summary here
- 2007-11-17-Matiu Or Somes Island Brief trip summary here
- 2007-06-20-Winter Solstice Celebration
- 2007-01-28-Trelissick Park-Kaiwharawhara Stream-Kaukau
- 2005-04-23-Ngauranga-Fort Buckley-Pipitea
- 1999-03-21-Karori Silver Stream Carey Gully Paekawakawa Two botanizing trips west of Wellington from Karori to Paekawakawa Valley.
| category pages
|| category pages staring with dates