This page is part of the Bushcraft organisation information.
Pre course planning - the Bushcraft Convenor's role
Set dates for following yearís course in late October or early November.
- book the clubrooms for lectures. (Booking officer Brent Harrison -> mailto:ttc [period] clubrooms [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 479 3306 )
- update the promotional bushcraft page on website (see how to and FAQ)
- create new online registration form using Google Docs (tip: copy last year's online enrolment form)
- update the previous enrolment form
- if necessary update contacts:
- convenor: Peter Barber -> mailto:ttc [period] bushcraft [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 027 750 5443
- enrolment: Peter Barber -> mailto:ttc [period] bushcraft [period] enrolment [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 027 750 5443
- Send an email to all previous instructors, including those that didnít participate in current year, (refer to the master instructorsí list) to attend a planning meeting in early November.
- agenda for the meeting is to sign up instructors for each lecture and practical weekend.
- include trainee instructors for each lecture and practical session
- Follow up with phone calls/emails to instructors that didnít attend the meeting.
- organise a grid of instructors assigned to each lecture/practical session.
- assign a leader for each lecture and practical session. They are in charge of that session Ė all planning; information; delegation; contacting the other instructors.
- email out, with a final date, for people to make a final commitment or any changes.
- Check the inventory of maps; brochures; Bushcraft manuals. Order in more maps etc to have 40 of each.
- Do a budget. Previously estimated 25 attendees. (Refer to previous budget for ideas and costings)
- Update the website for Bushcraft information, dates, and cost.
- Advise publicity officer Vacancy -> mailto:ttc-publicity [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 021 0249 3085 of updated info so that they can organise posters to put up around town early in January
- Send out links to info on website to leaders:
- also specific info for each part of the course, relevant to what they are taking.
- update, as needed
- Update the resources on the website
- Respond to any email enquiries about the course.
- confirm enrolments.
- send list of people enrolled to treasurer Glynn Woodbury -> mailto:ttc [period] treasurer [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 021 064 2692 so that she can check if they have paid.
- if they havenít paid, follow up.
- they need to pay, before the course begins.