- navigate to the page you want to edit
- click on the button labelled with a cogwheel ( ) at the top right of the page
- click on edit (from the top right hand menu)
- enter the public password, and click
- change the text displayed in the text area as required
- Important - put your name in the author box at the bottom of the editing area
- enter the reason for the change in the summary box at the bottom of the editing area
- simply follow the way things are already done on the page
- it doesn't matter if you make a mistake
- all changes are saved (click on history (from the top right hand menu) to view changes and restore from previous versions)
- when editing the following quick reference is displayed at the bottom of the page
The following edit quick reference guide to markup is shown at the bottom of the page when editing.
The following examples will help. The 'text' markup is shown in the left column, the formatted result is shown in the right column.
! Heading 1 !! Heading 2 !!! Heading 3 !!!! Heading 4
text '''strong''' ''emphasis'' '''''strong emphasis''''' -< hanging indent; '*bold*' '~italic~' -> indented text; [[Administration.HowTo|page link]] [[#link|bookmark link]] * bullet ** indented bullet # numbered ## indented numbered %highlight% to highlight%% text
text strong emphasis strong emphasis
hanging indent; bold italic
to highlight text
The normal process is to create a link in an existing page that will refer to the new content, and save the page with the new link. You can use the Site map for this purpose.
[[How to]] or [[New page | new page example]]
Then click on the new link to create the new page.
Alternative you can enter the new page in the address bar by changing the URL, e.g. by changing