Attending an Online Hui
The club uses Google Meet webconferencing for online hui. To attend a club night please see the invitation on the ttc.news email group, or email Social Committee -> mailto:ttc [period] social [period] committee [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website for an invitation.
- click on the link () and the meeting will open in your web browser
- you may need to enter the meeting identifier from the invitation
- you may need to wait to be admitted
- please use your real name to gain admittance
- You can join a meeting from your Mac, PC, or other device using any web browser
- You can also attend on your mobile device or tablet using the app
- You do not need to have a camera or microphone to attend club nights
The quality of your online clubnight experience may vary, depending on such factors as:
- your home WiFi. We recommend being close to your WiFi router, or having a wired connection
- your broadband speed (test your broadband speed)
- the number of people using your connection
- the device you are using
On the night
- please join the meeting early to ensure everything works
- we will open the meeting 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, i.e. at 7:15 p.m. for the 7:30 start
- please keep your microphone muted once the presentation starts, but feel free to chat beforehand
- questions can be asked through the chat function - click on the speech bubble control to do so
- it is not possible to view the videos of all attendees. The most recent speakers' videos are shown on the screen. A list of all attendees is available.
- it is not possible to record the meeting under our free licence
If you have sound problems:
- check your volume setting to see if the speaker or headphones are muted or turned down
- check which speakers are selected, e.g. you might have both headphones and speakers, and have selected a device that isn't on (see example to the right)
- you can also dial in to the audio. Click on the vertical ellipsis (⋮) to view the phone number and meeting PIN.
- Check your audio setting by clicking '⋮', then '⚙ Settings'
On the meet screen
On the meeting screen move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen to unhide the control bar.
The controls allow you to:
- mute your microphone 🎙
- leave (hang up) the meeting 📞
- turn off your outgoing video feed 📹
- raise a hand ✋🏽
- present your screen to participants
- open the menu, accessed from the vertical ellipsis (⋮)
- attendees and chat, on the right
- click on the person icon to get a list of attendees 👥
- click on the chat icon to message everyone 💬
See also the Google meet help.
If you are a presenter please see our Presenter's guide.