- 2023 Hanmer
- 2023 Hanmer Huts
- 2023 Hanmer Info
- 2023 HS Alpine
- 2023 HS Cycling-Mountain Biking
- 2023 HS Day Walks-Further Afield E-EM-M
- 2023 HS Day Walks-Local-Easy
- 2023 HS Day Walks-Local-Easy Medium-Medium
- 2023 HS Day Walks-Local-Medium-Fit
- 2023 HS Multi-Day Trips-EM-M-MF
- 2023 HS Overnight Trips-E-EM-M-MF
Te Whakatakanga o te Ngārahu o te ahi a Tamatea
A planning meeting will be held each evening at 8pm to discuss the coming day's tramping plans with an update on the weather forecast.
We will run a paper-based registration system with a folder at the Lodge for people to record trip intentions. For those that like to be prepared, the form looks like this:trip participation form. Trip Leaders are required to ensure that all trip members are inluded in the trip intentions before departing in the morning.
Day walks will be scheduled the day prior. Longer trips that may require more logistical planning and/or have limited trip numbers will have a trip registration form for you to complete.
The trips will run depending on what people are interested in, what weather forecast is, and we may run one trip more than once with a different leader. Trips using the van will incur a transport cost per person. The cost to each road-end from Hanmer Springs will be advertised alongside each trip.
Club Meet Fixture Card
Here are the trips we are thinking about at the moment: Click on the links below to see the trip lists by type / grade and access the trip sign-up forms.
- Day walks - Local - Easy
- Day walks - Local - Easy Medium - Medium
- Day walks - Local - Medium-Fit
- Day walks - Further afield - E / EM / M
- Overnight trips - E / EM / M / MF
- Multi-Day trips - EM / M / MF
- Alpine trips
- Cycling and Mountain biking
It is important to note:
- People should bring cookers, gas, billies, sleeping mats (in case of full huts) and all food for themselves.
- As each trip gets underway, party gear such as cookers, gas and billies will be more efficiently organised
- The evening meals required are indicated by the number of nights away on each trip.
- Don’t rely on getting dehy meals from the local store. Come prepared – a good option is dehy meals from Bivouac with the FMC discount
- Full wet weather gear is essential
- Tents are required where camping is indicated. The club has tents available.
- Make sure you have a Backcountry Hut Pass or enough hut tickets to cover your planned trips.
- Times are based on DOC information. See below for links to DoC information
- It is important that the walks undertaken and the names of those on them are recorded in the trip diary as a record of the Meet and for safety purposes
- If you have a PLB or inReach please bring it