- booking - please contact the Van Officer, Paul Maxim -> mailto:ttc-paul-maxim [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 027 447 0459 (M), (04) 389 6945 (H)
- check-out form
- check-in form
The TTC Michael Taylor Van
The new club van, a white LWB Ford Transit 12 seater, was purchased on 13 September 2016 from Capital City Ford, Taranaki Street, for $63,480.00 including GST. The cost of the van has been covered by grants from the Michael Taylor and Elizabeth Viggers bequests, the Whiteacre Trust, and general club funds. There is no money owing on the purchase.
The expected life span of club use is ten years, with the van being depreciated over that period. The van and its related operational system, will be administered by a new 4 person committee (TTCVC or VanGuards) that consists of
- Transport Officer (Paul Maxim -> mailto:ttc-paul-maxim [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 027 447 0459 (M), (04) 389 6945 (H))
- Treasurer (Suzanne Sutton-Cummings -> mailto:ttc-treasurer [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 022 411 4032)
- GC instruction coordinator (Dave Grainger -> mailto:ttc-alpine-instruction [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 021 444 702)
- One other club member who represents a TTC activity whose interest will be enhanced by the availability of a club van (currently Tom White as an active cyclist). After 12 months of use, the committee will review the vanís use and fees.
It is expected that initial use will be hesitant, especially over the holiday period and with the clubrooms upgrade.
Booking the van will be done by contacting the Transport Office Paul Maxim -> mailto:ttc-paul-maxim [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 027 447 0459 (M), (04) 389 6945 (H) giving and providing the following information:
- leaderís name and contact details
- expected number of persons travelling
- dates of use and proposed destination
Pickup, fuelling and return
The van will be picked up and returned from its location by a club member after booking. There is generally good parking where the van will be positioned for the pick-up vehicle. The location is readily accessible by public bus. The person picking up the van will complete a check-out form identifying the main driver, van kilometres†and some other trip information.
A similar "check-in" form exists for completion on van return. Both forms can be completed using a smartphone or tablet.
Inside the vanís glove box will be a fuel card. Members should use this to refuel the van with diesel. The card only permits fuel purchases.
Fees and Payment
Users will pay a fixed per-person fee for selected destinations (as Fare schedule). For non-selected destinations further afield the rate of 8 cents per person per kilometre applies. Non-members pay an additional 50%. There is no youth rate.
The van key will be in a combination lock box (location to be advised in the booking) The combination number will be changed frequently. Inside the vehicle will be a small kit containing a first aid kit, torch, high visability vest, rubbish bags, cleaning cloth, brush and pan and drivers log. Please use these as required.
The Transport Officer will keep the van refuelled (DIESEL), clean and tidy and will maintain a comprehensive mileage, maintenance and user log. The 12 month Service (at Capital City Ford), updating of the road user charges (RUC) and maintenance will be completed by the Transport Officer as necessary.
The Treasurer will pay the Insurance premium, monthly fuel card balance and all costs incurred by the van use and reimburse the Transport Officer as required.
- return the van to the pickup location in a generally clean and tidy condition and return the key to its lock box
- the returned van should be empty of all passenger contents and belongings. Please Note: It does not have to be returned fully refuelled
- fill in van check-out and check-in forms, recording leader and passenger names, date and travel route and include any refuelling receipts
- report to the Transport Officer any damage or incidents, driving infringements, suspected speeding tickets etc. This is mandatory
- The van is available to use by club members for official club trips as well as private trips so long as there is always a club member in the van
- The driver does not have to be a club member as long as the above criteria are fully met
- If there is more than one party wanting to book the van for the same time slot the order of priority is: instruction, youth, work parties, fixture card trips, non-fixture card club-member trips, private bookings
- The club will pay any insurance excess for vehicle damage except where damage to the van has been caused by carelessness or negligence. In this situation the person causing the damage will be expected to pay
- All speeding tickets and driving infringement fines must be paid by the person responsible
The contact person for the van is Paul Maxim -> mailto:ttc-paul-maxim [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 027 447 0459 (M), (04) 389 6945 (H).
I look forward to a new era of communal club transport and encourage all members to use our new purchase when planning a club trip.
|Destination||Fare per person $|
|Wellington City area||8|
|Hutt Valley & Porirua areas||10|
|Pukerua Bay, Paekakariki||12|
|Tararua Forest Park:|
|Te Marua, Kaitoke, Rimutaka Incline||12|
|Tauherenikau, Waikanae, Akatarawa||15|
|Wahine River, Mt Holdsworth, Otaki Forks||20|
|Northern Tararua entrances||30|
|Rimutaka Forest Park:|
|Catchpool, Orongorongo River mouth, Baring Head||12|
|Northern entrances (Pigeon Bush, Wairongomai)||20|
|Aorangi Forest Park, Cape Palliser, Lake Ferry||30|
|Ruahine Forest Park:|
|Central North Island:|
|Egmont/Taranaki National Park||50|
|Ohakune, Turoa ski field, Whanganui National Park||50|
|Whakapapa ski field, Tongariro Crossing||55|
|Kaimanawa and Kaweka Forest Parks||55|
|Turangi and Lake Taupo rock climbing areas||60|
|Upper South Island:|
|Marlborough Sounds, Blenheim||20|
|Nelson, Mt Richmond||30|
|Golden Bay, Cobb, Nelson Lakes||50|
|Murchison, Hamner Springs, Lewis Pass||55|
|Arthurs Pass, Methven, Mt Hutt||60|
All destinations south of Chrischurch and north of Turangi to be charged at the rate of 8 cents per person per kilometre. Minimum 6 persons in the van for longer trips (or equivalent charge if less people).