2016 TTC Photo competition
Tuesday 18th October 2016, entries close 26th September
Last year’s TTC Photo Competition was very successful with over many entries and well deserved winners. Thank you to all those who entered last year, and this year we are looking forward to even greater numbers.
This year’s competition will be held on Tuesday 18th October, therefore entries will close on 26th September 2016. Please have a look at their photos in the 2015 photo competition results page.
We continue to keep our competition rules close to those of the FMC, please note the changes below. Both the winner and the first runner-up of each category will be eligible to enter the FMC Photo competition next year.
Photos entered should ideally reflect tramping or other TTC activities.
- ABOVE BUSHLINE
- BELOW BUSHLINE
- HUT OR CAMP LIFE
- NATIVE FLORA OR FAUNA (no people in these photos)
- OUTDOOR LANDSCAPES (no people in these photos)
All entries (except in Historic category) must:
- Be submitted electronically with a file size between 1MB and 5MB as .jpg files. The only digital manipulation permitted is cropping, sharpening, and tonal or exposure adjustments..
- Panoramic stitched images are acceptable provided the only manipulation other than stitching is cropping,sharpening, and tonal or exposure adjustments.
- Be taken since 1st January 2015 by a member of the club, and may not have won awards in any other photographic competition.
- Entries in the Historic category can be submitted as original prints or colour slides (these will be returned) or scanned and submitted electronically. If scanned they should be at least 900 pixels on each dimension.
- All photos must be taken in New Zealand
IMPORTANT !!! Please name all electronic files strictly according to the format below, which follows exactly the FMC Photo Competition file name specification:
- CATEGORY CODE-Club-Photographer-Caption.jpg (it must be a jpg file) – see below for the category codes.
(Please adhere to this format, it make the work of collation much less time consuming). eg: ABL TararuaTC Wiremu Bloggs Mt Manganui.jpeg
- ABL - above bushline, BBL - below bushline, HIS - historic, HCL - hut or camp life, NFF - native flora or fauna, OLS - outdoor landscapes
Entries close on 26th September 2016. Digital entries, clearly labeled, can be emailed -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz. Photo CDs, USB drives, and Prints, well-labeled and packaged, can be given to the organiser, Jan Nye -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on (04) 565 4219 , at a meeting.
Any queries? Please ring Jan Nye -> mailto:ttc-photo-competition [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on (04) 565 4219 .